Genesis 48: 3 Jacob said to Joseph, “God Almighty appeared to me at Luz in the land of Canaan, and there he blessed me 4 and said to me, ‘I am going to make you fruitful and increase your numbers. I will make you a community of peoples, and I will give this land as an everlasting possession to your descendants after you.’
Sitting at my desk preparing for a meeting my boss’s boss came into my office exclaiming “The head of the department wants to meet with you. What’s this all about?” “I have no idea” was my true reply. As I sat in this rare meeting I soon found out he was asking for a favor from “me.”
The project I was working on had some personal meaning to him and he wanted special care of it. I promised and followed through with my commitments to him. I went back to business as usual. Years later I discovered that my fast track promotions were all because he was watching over me and I didn’t even know it.
- When GOD has a plan for me, no one has the power to disturb it.
- When GOD has a plan for me, it will happen just as HE planned.
- When GOD has a plan for me, HE says “I will” which means “it will” happen.
Sometimes I think I have to do stuff to be noticed or become great, BUT GOD has a plan that is far greater than any plan I could come up with. Many times I can’t see HIM working but HE is there. HE has calculated my sins along with the sins of everyone involved and built a plan that can’t fail.
When GOD says “I will” it means HE built the plan without consulting me, and that’s a good thing! HE only has love built into HIS plan for me and my input would be sinful and selfish. I am glad GOD made the choice to include me in HIS plan.
- What is your purpose?
- Is GOD using your life or are you busy worrying?
- Can GOD have everything including your sin?
- Won’t you let GOD direct your steps and let HIM take care of the plan no matter how complicated or desolate it seems?