Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A story of forgiveness



Genesis 43: 20 “We beg your pardon, our lord,” they said, “we came down here the first time to buy food. 21 But at the place where we stopped for the night we opened our sacks and each of us found his silver—the exact weight—in the mouth of his sack. So we have brought it back with us. 22 We have also brought additional silver with us to buy food. We don’t know who put our silver in our sacks.”

23 “It’s all right,” he said. “Don’t be afraid. Your God, the God of your father, has given you treasure in your sacks; I received your silver.” Then he brought Simeon out to them.

============

Frustration was the look on my face as I sat there not knowing what to do. My boss was no help and I felt thoroughly inadequate in my new role. My boss’s boss invited me into his office and invited me to sit down. “Oh boy, here it comes, I’m going to be fired and I haven’t even started.” I thought to myself.

He said “Stop worrying, I’m sending you to a training class. I want you to take on more responsibility.”

  • When I mess up I feel lost.
  • When I am burdened I feel I am wandering.
  • When I face difficult times I feel like I need to justify my every move.


Joseph’s brothers tried to kill him. Now, unknowingly, they had to buy food from him. Joseph was somewhat graceful and gave them food along with their silver but commanded them to bring their brother back. Joseph had forgiven them. They were frightened and thought the worse. I do the same.

I think GOD is looking to punish me more and more so I get scared and brace myself for the next wave of punishment. BUT GOD is different.

  • GOD looks for opportunities to show HIS great love to me and others so HE can draw people to HIM.
  • GOD looks for times HE can bless me so I can bless others.
  • GOD looks for chances where I am willing to listen to HIM and see HIM so HE can show me HIS unfailing love.


It truly takes faith to see GOD working in adverse times. Everyone around may not see what GOD sees so the news may seem dismal. GOD’s plan is awesome so I’m taking HIS advice when HE says “Don’t be afraid.”

  • Are you afraid?
  • Does the situation seem hopeless?
  • Can you keep moving forward with GOD knowing HE is blessing you right now?
  • Won’t you be a blessing to someone today to show your faith in HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment