Monday, April 1, 2013

Waiting for something?



Genesis 29: 20 So Jacob served seven years to get Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her.

============

Patience has never been an attribute of mine. I would wake my parents at two o’clock in the morning asking about Christmas. When I started college I wanted to be finished so I could start working! Yeah, I think I’m crazy too. It seemed like the days and hours would drag by and when I looked at the clock, time would stand still! Seems like trials are the same way.

  • When I really want something that seems unobtainable I pout as I wait on it.
  • When I really want something but it’s not the right time I get impatient dreaming about it.
  • When I really want something right now that isn’t going to be available for a while I get frustrated.


Just because I want something doesn’t mean I am ready for it. I remember wanting a management position but I had never managed anyone. When I got the opportunity I found it harder than I thought. I am glad I only had a small group so I could mature.

  • GOD has told me to wait many times so I could get fully prepared to handle HIS plan.
  • GOD has slowed me down many times because HE knows I would have stepped out too fast with things incomplete.
  • GOD has placed obstacles in front of me to grow me for the task otherwise I would be too weak to handle the problems I will face.


Patience is definitely a virtue and whether I like it or not it is something GOD wants me to have. With patience, better things happen to everyone involved. Not only do I grow others do as well.

  • Are you waiting for something to happen?
  • Are you losing your hope?
  • Can you understand that GOD wants you to keep on going to get stronger?
  • Won’t you focus on HIS strengthening instead of looking at gloom?

No comments:

Post a Comment