Thursday, April 3, 2014

Ill intent seeks bad advice

2 Samuel 13:Now Amnon had an adviser named Jonadab son of Shimeah, David’s brother. Jonadab was a very shrewd man. He asked Amnon, “Why do you, the king’s son, look so haggard morning after morning? Won’t you tell me?”

Amnon said to him, “I’m in love with Tamar, my brother Absalom’s sister.”

“Go to bed and pretend to be ill,” Jonadab said. “When your father comes to see you, say to him, ‘I would like my sister Tamar to come and give me something to eat. Let her prepare the food in my sight so I may watch her and then eat it from her hand.’”

============

After being told I would fail the class, I sought the advice of people who could help me. They asked the professors name and the location of the office. These were strange pieces of information, but I told them. They asked very clearly, “do you want the test?”

I considered it. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that I was performing so poorly in the class, that even having the test would not help me. “No” I answered pitifully.

  • I can always find someone who will go along with my poor thinking.
  • I can always get advice from people who do not have the best plan for me in mind.
  • I can always obtain bad consultation from people of bad reputation.


The story of Amnon was tragic. Many were spiritually, emotionally and physically hurt all because of a plan that started off in the wrong direction followed by advice from a person with a poor reputation. It reminds me of many plans I have that were not blessed of GOD. Each plan failed miserably with not so good consequences. BUT GOD has a better plan.

  • GOD wants me to follow HIS plan for they never fail.
  • GOD wants me to believe in HIS ways for they protect and keep me.
  • GOD wants me to understand HIS love for me and others and to never mistreat souls who belong to HIM.


When my intentions are focused on GOD I can never fail.

  • Are you planning something and getting advice from someone who is questionable?
  • Are you providing advice without consulting GOD?
  • Can you seek wisdom from a godly person, not just a churchy person?
  • Won’t you test all advice to see if it aligns with what GOD says to do?


No comments:

Post a Comment