Monday, April 7, 2014

Restoration

2 Samuel 14: 13 The woman said, “Why then have you devised a thing like this against the people of God? When the king says this, does he not convict himself, for the king has not brought back his banished son? 14 Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But that is not what God desires; rather, he devises ways so that a banished person does not remain banished from him.

============

Sitting in my apartment, lonely, I thought to myself… “Is this it?”  “This is what all the hard work in college was for?” My heart ached for “fun” but something inside me felt like the “fun” I had before wasn’t really what I was supposed to be doing.

The tug was towards church, but when I got there, I felt no different. I was lonely in a building full of people. I went from church to church looking for something. Finally I stopped at one and the pastor gave me some great advice… “Seek GOD.”

  • No matter how long I have been away from GOD, HE seeks me.
  • No matter how long I have turned my back on GOD, HE still cares for me.
  • No matter how long I have tried my own way instead of GOD’s way, HE loves me.


David had two sons one of which, Absalom, killed his brother and ran and hid from David. For years he was banished until David’s servant convinced him to bring his son back. GOD worked on David’s heart and treats me the same.

  • GOD opens HIS arms wide and is ready to restore me when humans cannot do the same.
  • GOD knocks at my heart and when I open the door HE comes in and sups with me.
  • GOD pursues me constantly and seeks to restore me, HIS way.


Sometimes GOD has to burn off the rough edges and take me through trials to restore me. HE wants my walk to be focused on faith, love and trust. HE restore me to serve a purpose.

  • Have you turned your back on GOD?
  • Do you think HE no longer loves you?
  • Can you seek HIS face today and turn to HIM with total trust?
  • Won’t you turn to HIM for full restoration?


No comments:

Post a Comment