Friday, April 11, 2014

Watch out when fighting GOD


2 Samuel 18:Now Absalom happened to meet David’s men. He was riding his mule, and as the mule went under the thick branches of a large oak, Absalom’s hair got caught in the tree. He was left hanging in midair, while the mule he was riding kept on going.

============

“I wonder what fun I will have this afternoon?” I thought to myself as I plotted my escape from school. We could go home for lunch and this time I planned not to return. I was a “latch-key” kid meaning I had a key around my neck tied to an old shoe string. Both of my parents worked while I was in school so my plan would be flawless. I would go home to an empty house.

When I arrived, there stood my father. Something had happened that required him to be home. You mean the ONLY time I tried to ditch school was on a day he was there! Yes my plan was small yet huge because I never tried again.

  • Looking back I see times where GOD thwarted my plan for evil.
  • Looking back I see times where GOD placed an obstacle in front of my plan to ignore HIM.
  • Looking back I see times where GOD used something irregular to upset my fall into temptation.


When I was immature in knowledge of GOD it seemed like HE would stop my evil plans in order to keep me on the path. As I grew older, GOD allowed me to fall into the traps I tried to get into.  HE would allow consequences to hit me hard and would always leave HIS arms open wide for my return.

The whole Earth is GOD’s and HE can use any bit of it to make my plans unsuccessful or successful. HE knows when I am trying to follow my own plan which will lead to a destructive path and eventually wind up fighting HIM on all fronts. GOD simply wants me to follow HIM so HIS love for me will be pure.

  • Are you fighting GOD on something?
  • Can you allow HIM to say “No” or “wait”?
  • Do you always have to get “your” way?
  • Can you see when GOD is placing obstacles in your path in order to steer you?

No comments:

Post a Comment