Tuesday, September 23, 2014

It is Time to Teach


2 Chronicles 17:They taught throughout Judah, taking with them the Book of the Law of the Lord; they went around to all the towns of Judah and taught the people.

============

“I could have said that better” is what I thought as the old man stammered through his words. I looked around and saw people asleep. When they asked for volunteers, I said “of course!” I prepared a very entertaining speech and of course added some scripture for flavor.

As I filled the hour with my rhetoric, I kept everyone awake but someone came up to me and asked me to explain the deeper meaning of the scripture. I stammered and couldn’t explain.

  • GOD said “Go Baptize and Teach” to me.
  • GOD said “Teachers and preachers will be held to a higher standard” to me.
  • GOD said “Do not think more highly of yourself” to me.


I had surface knowledge of GOD’s word and thought it was boring, outdated and irrelevant so I figured I would spice it up with entertainment. GOD says, “Do not add a jot or a tittle to MY word” meaning I don’t need the flash and fanfare.

GOD wants us to understand that we no longer live by the Law, but HE hasn’t thoroughly thrown it away. HE actually wrote the Law on every human’s heart to show how serious HE is about what HE said. GOD then cleared the confusion by summarizing the entire law through this statement… “Love one another as I have loved you.”

GOD volunteered to die for me so HE became a human to do so. HE allowed HIMSELF to be accused, slandered and murdered by pastors, ministers, preachers, missionaries and teachers who misinterpreted HIS true purpose and twisted HIS word for their convenience.

To teach means to live GOD’s word. It means saying all the promises along with the consequences. It means saying things that apply directly to me before they apply to who I am saying it to. GOD holds me to a high standard so I must be careful with my words.

  • Are you complaining about someone?
  • Do you think they are crazy?
  • Do you think GOD is calling you to become the teacher instead of the complainer?
  • Can you begin looking at GOD’s truths more deeply so you can begin teaching?


No comments:

Post a Comment