Thursday, September 11, 2014

Reaching for Powerful Titles


2 Chronicles 10: 14 he followed the advice of the young men and said, “My father made your yoke heavy; I will make it even heavier. My father scourged you with whips; I will scourge you with scorpions.” 15 So the king did not listen to the people, for this turn of events was from God, to fulfill the word the Lord had spoken to Jeroboam son of Nebat through Ahijah the Shilonite.
16 When all Israel saw that the king refused to listen to them, they answered the king:
“What share do we have in David,
    what part in Jesse’s son?
To your tents, Israel!
    Look after your own house, David!”
So all the Israelites went home. 17 But as for the Israelites who were living in the towns of Judah, Rehoboam still ruled over them.
18 King Rehoboam sent out Adoniram, who was in charge of forced labor, but the Israelites stoned him to death. King Rehoboam, however, managed to get into his chariot and escape to Jerusalem. 19 So Israel has been in rebellion against the house of David to this day.

============

Power is something I didn’t know I wanted. “When I am in charge of this department, I will fire several of these people” I thought to myself. I worked hard and jumped through political hoops and became the head of the department. My plan was in place with one flaw, I had not considered GOD’s grace and soon I found ‘myself’ leaving the company instead of them.

  • At one point in my life I thought a title would enable me to get my way.
  • At one point in my life I thought things would be better if I had the title.
  • At one point in my life I thought the title meant people had to follow what I said.


True leaders do not depend on titles. In fact the most powerful person I met was the administrative assistant to the CEO. Yes, my title was higher than hers, but her authority kept me from seeing him and if she didn’t like me, I would be tossed out of the company. Where would I get my “power” from then?

  • GOD says to me “I AM alpha and omega, beginning and end.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM the most high. There is no authority greater.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM.”


GOD’s authority, title and power should be recognized by everyone. I must seek HIS face and point all power to HIM. I can get no credit for my success and no blame to HIM for my failures. GOD is the one who is in charge and HE will not be taken lightly. HE wants me to lead HID people with the same grace HE bestows on me.

While leadership is difficult, following GOD is not. HE said “MY yoke is easy and MY burden is light.”

  • Are you trying to obtain power?
  • Are you busy trying to get your way?
  • Can you seek GOD’s everlasting power?
  • Won’t you turn to HIM today and let HIM bless your efforts?


No comments:

Post a Comment