Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Small Steps


2 Chronicles 8: 16 All Solomon’s work was carried out, from the day the foundation of the temple of the Lord was laid until its completion. So the temple of the Lord was finished.

============

Two o’clock in the morning I was awake pondering all of the items I had to do to nail down my business. There were several people still left to contact all kinds of documents to create and the thing we were building seemed to have numerous starts and fits. “When will this ever be done?” I asked GOD.

  • Sometimes it seems like the road gets longer and longer.
  • Sometimes when I think I am nearing the end another twist gets added and I have to wait.
  • Sometimes I see the road ahead and I think there is too much.


Overwhelmed is the feeling I get when I look too hard at the “big” picture. I mean when I try to fit all the pieces together they just don’t add up. There seems to be this or that to do and something inevitably gets broken. When will relief come?

  • GOD says to me “Be anxious for nothing” which takes trust.
  • GOD says to me “I will lead you besides still waters” which relaxes my mind.
  • GOD says to me “I will always be with you” which removes my doubt.


When I had a long way to run, it seemed impossible but when I focused on taking the first step then the next and the next, I soon looked back and had run nine miles for my practice. My mind cleared and GOD said to me “take small steps and see how far you will go.” GOD’s path is not filled with anxiety. HIS road is filled with faith, obedience and trust which enable me to let go of any worries.

  • Are you feeling overwhelmed?
  • Do you have anxiety?
  • Can you relax a moment and talk to GOD about your worries out loud?
  • Will you let the SPIRIT of peach overcome you in a way that surpasses all knowledge?


No comments:

Post a Comment