Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Cure for Jealousy


Psalm 37:Do not fret because of those who are evil
    or be envious of those who do wrong;
for like the grass they will soon wither,
    like green plants they will soon die away.
Trust in the Lord and do good;
    dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.


============

It was easy to stay away from the thugs of my day. Petty crime and thievery was about the worst that it would get. Then I saw a new wave of thug emerge with flashy cars and clothes to match. They said “You have to be tough and take no prisoners if you want to be like me.” It was still easy for me to avoid them but others flocked towards their glitter.

I went my way, worked hard and met some wonderful corporate minded people along the way. They said “You have to be tough and take no prisoners if you want to be like me.” Wait, didn’t I hear that somewhere before? It must have been my imagination. I was envious of the corporate mogul.

  • No matter where I am I can get envious.
  • No matter how little or how much I have, I can get jealous.
  • No matter what the cost, I can get green-eyed.


It seemed like the “tough” and the “arrogant” and the “mean spirited” people would get their way most often, meanwhile I was left to fend on my own, working hard for little reward. I mean why do they get all the rewards and I have to do all the work? BUT GOD hears and knows.

  • GOD says to me “Trust in ME and do good and you will dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.”
  • GOD says to me “Take delight in ME and I will give you the desires of your heart.”
  • GOD says to me “Be still before ME and wait patiently for ME; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.”


Success of those who harm others is short lived. Yes it seems like they have the bigger bank accounts, bank rolls or Benz’s BUT GOD says I want you to follow ME on MY path, not theirs. GOD’s path means my eyes are open to those who hurt and are in pain. It means telling someone they are forgiven, no matter what sin they have committed. GOD says “MY way is the right way and I will bless you for following ME.”

  • Are you jealous?
  • Do you have envy of those who do wrong?
  • Are you secretly looking over what they do so you can be like them?
  • Can you turn your heart to GOD?
  • Will you stop being envious of them and delight in following GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment