Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Getting Revenge

Psalm 35: 22 Lord, you have seen this; do not be silent.
    Do not be far from me, Lord.
23 Awake, and rise to my defense!
    Contend for me, my God and Lord.
24 Vindicate me in your righteousness, Lord my God;
    do not let them gloat over me.
25 Do not let them think, “Aha, just what we wanted!”
    or say, “We have swallowed him up.”

============

“That felt good” was the thought that flashed in my mind as I was able to block a person from interviewing at the company I worked at. She was a thorn in my side at my last job and I was shocked to hear my boss ask me “Should I interview her?”

Years later I went to look for a job at a place where I was a perfect fit. I looked through the list of employees and did not see her name, but I did see a person who was fired from the company I was trying to leave. I tried to reach out to him and he would have nothing to do with me. “So this is how she felt” crossed my mind.

  • Sometimes revenge feels great to me.
  • Sometimes revenge feels wonderful.
  • Sometimes revenge fuels my determination.


Obtaining a goal based on revenge is very problematic. I mean if someone says something about me or does something to me, a dangerous fire can be lit that makes me determined to get that person back. This is a mild form of hatred that carries a dangerous seed. BUT GOD says think differently.

  • GOD says to me “Vengeance is MINE, I will repay.”
  • GOD says to me “Pray for your enemies that they may prosper.”
  • GOD says to me “Forgive others as I have forgiven you.”


Spitting out my poison rather than using it as a dart is what GOD wants me to do. HE wants me to seek HIS kingdom first rather than seeking revenge first. By seeking HIS kingdom, I will find peace instead of pain, grace instead of groaning, and love instead of let downs. It is hard to “let it go” sometimes, BUT GOD can help me move on.

  • Are you seeking revenge?
  • Do you want to see “them” fail?
  • Can you give your thoughts of revenge over to GOD?
  • Will you focus on HIS kingdom first?

No comments:

Post a Comment