Monday, April 6, 2015

Knowing Gives Peace

Psalm 29: 10 The Lord sits enthroned over the flood;
    the Lord is enthroned as King forever.
11 The Lord gives strength to his people;
    the Lord blesses his people with peace.

============

Nervous, scared and shaking like a leaf, I was frightened to go outside. I mean the thugs who had chased me might still be outside.  When the police arrived I felt somewhat comforted. I could go back outside, meet up with my friend and continue the journey home.

  • Sometimes I get scared, especially when drastic things happen.
  • Sometimes I get nervous, especially when big situations pop up.
  • Sometimes I get frightened, especially when the situation is huge in my mind.


Outnumbered, defenseless and pitiful, I cowered in the place I worked, wondering if these guys were outside. Did they have it in for me? OH no, did they have a gun? My mind raced. BUT GOD doesn’t want me to panic, instead HE has other thoughts.

  • GOD says to me, “By knowing ME you can have peace.”
  • GOD says to me, “I have all things in my hand.”
  • GOD says to me, “Stand still and watch MY deliverance.”


Too many times I think I can “think” my way out of situations or do something under my own strength. But when a very large situation pops up that I can’t think my way out of or fix with my ability, I wonder where GOD is. HE says “I’M right here where I’VE always been… with you.” HIS power to protect is fantastic. HIS power to lift is unmatched. HIS power to bless is unyielding.

GOD can do what HE promised, I only have to trust in HIM.

  • Are you facing something huge?
  • Do you think your “thinking” will get you through the situation?
  • Can you accept the fact that your thinking has faulty doubt in it?
  • Will you place a small amount of your thinking to the knowledge that GOD is strong and wants to give you peace?


No comments:

Post a Comment