Friday, April 17, 2015

Long Lessons are Great Lessons


Psalm 39: 11 When you rebuke and discipline anyone for their sin,
    you consume their wealth like a moth—
    surely everyone is but a breath.
12 “Hear my prayer, Lord,
    listen to my cry for help;
    do not be deaf to my weeping.
I dwell with you as a foreigner,
    a stranger, as all my ancestors were.
13 Look away from me, that I may enjoy life again
    before I depart and am no more.”

============

With my last three hundred dollars, I bought a car. It ran and had seats so I was excited, but months later I found myself on the side of the road. I had no car again and this time, no money. Walking was my alternative to get to work. “Why is this happening to me?”, I wondered at the time, not considering the lifestyle I was keeping up.

  • My sin blinds me to the point where I think things are “happening to me.”
  • My sin deafens me to the point where I cannot hear.
  • My sin mutes me so I cannot speak about the wonders of GOD.


Many times I think about the consequences of sin rather than the wages of sin. I think GOD is going to be mad at me for something I did and HE will whoop me or take my stuff away for being bad. BUT GOD has shown me something different.

  • GOD said to me “The wages of sin is death, but the gift of GOD is eternal life through JESUS CHRIST our LORD.”
  • GOD said to me “I want you to have life and have it more abundantly.”
  • GOD said to me “I stand at your door and knock, if you will open it I will come in and sup with you.”


The LORD gives and the LORD takes away is a hard scripture to swallow when I have my eyes focused on money, but when my eyes are focused on GOD I can see things differently. I can see the blessing of dependence on HIM and recognize that stuff may have clouded my vision of HIM. I would get nervous about sinning because the consequence may be that I would lose my stuff.

The reality is I should be focused on the “wages” of sin in which GOD had to lose HIS life for me. HE lost everything just for me and is now alive above everything. I am eternally grateful.

  • Are you afraid of losing your stuff?
  • Do you have fear that GOD is punishing you for something?
  • Can you let things go and let GOD guide your path?


No comments:

Post a Comment