Psalm 28: 6 Praise be to the Lord,
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart is filled with joy as we approach the weekend where we celebrate the most significant murder on the planet. I can only imagine how HE felt as HE reached out to us and we misinterpreted HIS kindness because of our false view of who and what GOD “should” be.
- JESUS extended a hand to me and I misinterpreted it for punishment.
- JESUS tried to wipe away a tear from my face and I misinterpreted it for a slap.
- JESUS attempted to tell me “Have Courage” and “Do not be afraid” and I went away cowering even more!
It seems like this JESUS fellow messed up quite a bit. HE was misunderstood, lied on and beaten until the crowd got worked up into a frenzy to have HIM murdered. Then I looked at my blunders throughout life and nothing compares to HIS. HE said HE was GOD and the staunch church goers, who had specific ways GOD should act in their minds, killed HIM. Wow! JESUS must have been crazy to call HIMSELF GOD!
- But on Sunday JESUS rose from the dead just for me.
- But on Sunday JESUS got up from the grave and had all power and saved me.
- But on Sunday JESUS showed everyone HE is GOD and HE is alive!
Just because I look crazy sometimes or am embarrassed sometimes or fail sometimes doesn’t mean JESUS is out to get me or take me down! Quite the opposite, HE became a human to shoe me HE loves me and that even HE would be misunderstood. “Forgive them, for they know not what they do” was and is HE plea to the FATHER for me.
- Are you ready to praise GOD for being there for you?
- Can you stop misinterpreting what GOD is taking you through and praise HIM!
- Will you begin filling your heart with joy by praising HIM today!