Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Past is Erased

Psalm 26:Vindicate me, Lord,
    for I have led a blameless life;
I have trusted in the Lord
    and have not faltered.
Test me, Lord, and try me,
    examine my heart and my mind;
for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love
    and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness.

============

Enjoying my normal speeding routine, I ignored all of the posted limits. Eighty just felt right for my old junker. Something said “slow down” so I did. As I crossed the threshold of about sixty eight miles per hour I saw a cop turn on his lights. He pulled me over and asked the normal “admitting you are guilty” questions. I answered “Yes I know how fast I was going.” To my shock and surprise, he said. “Slow down” and let me go.

  • All have sinned and I am part of that group.
  • All fall short of the LORD and I fall short daily.
  • All hearts are wicked who can know them, mine included.


If I say “I have no sin” I make GOD a liar. So How can the writer say “I led a blameless life?” What if I declared myself to be blameless and I am full of blame? GOD does something amazing.

  • GOD says to me “I have removed your sins and forgiven you.”
  • GOD says to me “I have cleansed you of ALL unrighteousness.”
  • GOD says to me “MY grace is sufficient” meaning even my sin cannot exceed HIS grace.


Sometimes I pout and think I “deserve” something from GOD. I mean I have been “good” for ten minutes or so. Don’t I deserve extreme wealth, no problems and health that lasts forever? Quite the opposite, GOD said to me “You will have troubles but I will never forsake you.” Troubles come from my sin or someone else’s.

BUT GOD became a human and eradicated my sin. HE pardoned me of my past and erased what I did. HE lets me take advantage of HIM, but loves when I admit my sins and follow HIS ways.

  • Do you think your sins are too frequent or big for GOD?
  • Do you think GOD can’t possibly forgive me?
  • Can you throw away those lies and believe that GOD’s grace is much larger than any sin you could ever commit?
  • Will you believe that JESUS is the way to being blameless?


No comments:

Post a Comment