Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Preference is People


Psalm 30:To you, Lord, I called;
    to the Lord I cried for mercy:
“What is gained if I am silenced,
    if I go down to the pit?
Will the dust praise you?
    Will it proclaim your faithfulness?
10 Hear, Lord, and be merciful to me;
    Lord, be my help.”
11 You turned my wailing into dancing;
    you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
12 that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.

    Lord my God, I will praise you forever.

============

“Let’s get this over with” was the thought that flashed in my mind as the church announcements droned on and on. “Blah, blah I need this and blah, blah, I need that!” Let’s just get on with the church part so I can get home.

  • Sometimes my attitude makes me blind.
  • Sometimes my thinking gets in the way.
  • Sometimes my demeanor is heartless.


When I went to “church” only thinking of “me” sermons became irritating. In fact, anyone who asked for gifts became irritating. Quite honestly, if anyone corrected me about my approach to church, I found them irritating as well. Soon I wasn’t praising much at all, rather complaining about what was wrong with the church, work and community.

My giving was not sacrificial and my help to others was limited. BUT GOD said do something about this NOW!

  • GOD says to me “I can make the rocks cry out to praise ME, but I prefer you to do it.”
  • GOD says to me “I made all creation, but I have given you free will to praise ME or not.”
  • GOD says to me “Chose this day who you will serve, ME or those who do not serve ME.”


GOD has opened my eyes to the judgment I placed on my giving. I now see that I did this as “protection” for myself rather than being generous to please GOD. I critiqued churches because I wanted to hear what I wanted to hear. I complained about people at work because I didn’t want to point at my own mess. BUT GOD showed HIS mercy and has blessed me instead of punishing me. I can praise HIM forever!

  • Are you shrinking away from helping people?
  • Are you super suspicious of those who are sent to you and are in need?
  • Can you believe you may be serving an angel and are not aware of it?
  • Can you stop complaining at work, church or at home and begin praising GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment