Thursday, July 9, 2015

Daily Exercise

Psalm 96:Sing to the Lord a new song;
    sing to the Lord, all the earth.
Sing to the Lord, praise his name;
    proclaim his salvation day after day.
Declare his glory among the nations,
    his marvelous deeds among all peoples.
For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;
    he is to be feared above all gods.

============

On top of the hotel was a tiny track. I was only a few years out of college and felt I was still in decent shape. Remembering my days on the high school track team, I warmed up then jumped on the track. To my surprise I was sluggish and slow.

  • The longer I skip exercising the harder it is for me.
  • The more time I spend not exercising the more my muscles forget.
  • The greater period I spend away from exercising the harder it is mentally and physically to get back into it.


One day the SPIRIT moved me to speak about CHRIST to someone. I hadn’t spoken a word about HIM or HIS salvation in years! “Should I talk about me? Should I argue with this stranger on their stance? How should I even mention GOD?” were the flood of thoughts that scared me away from speaking about GOD. I said a couple of words and walked away disappointed. I was SPIRITUALLY out of shape.

  • GOD wants me to stop using church cliché’s and start speaking about HIM with my mouth.
  • GOD wants me to sing a new song about HIM meaning I need a new adventure rather than looking back at the old.
  • GOD wants me to declare HIS glory among all peoples, not just the ones I feel comfortable with.


I heard a church term “Always speak about GOD and sometimes use words” but I can’t seem to find that phrase in the Bible. GOD wants me to boldly declare HIS name and praise HIM for everything HE has done, is doing and will do! He doesn’t want me to sing a song about HIM and sometimes use words or praise HIM and sometimes use words. HE wants me to use the words that flood from a heart of gratitude!

GOD wants me to exercise daily by telling people about HIM and HIS greatness. My heart needs to be focused on what HE has done versus looking at the next complaint I can lay at HIS feet. I praise GOD from whom all blessings flow. I praise HIM as a creature here below. I Praise HIM above ye heavenly host. I praise FATHER, SON and HOLY GHOST! amen

  • Are you afraid to speak about GOD?
  • Do you shrink back when speaking about HIS graciousness?
  • Are you too busy condemning someone about their sin to tell them about GOD’s mercy on you?
  • Will you stop using church terms and open your mouth by giving ‘your’ testimony about how great GOD is?


No comments:

Post a Comment