Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Fully Supported

Psalm 94: 18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,”
    your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.
19 When anxiety was great within me,
    your consolation brought me joy.

============

When I got home from church, I felt worse than before I went this particular day. One may call it conviction, but I felt as if I had received more rules that I wasn’t following. I sat in my apartment thinking I will never measure up so what is the use in going to church?

  • Sometimes my thinking is faulty when it comes to church.
  • Sometimes my thinning is faulty when it comes to spiritual growth.
  • Sometimes my thinking is faulty when it comes to trusting GOD.


I will admit, church is sometimes a firehose of information and the humans delivering the message are not impervious to sin. BUT GOD wanted me to open my eyes.

  • GOD wants me to look at every situation as an opportunity to get closer to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to know HE loves me before, during and after my sin.
  • GOD wants me to understand I can call out to HIM any time and HE will be there to lift me up.


As I grew up a little more I understood that I could cry out to GOD for even the tiniest of matters. I know HE is concerned about the daily details because HE numbers the hairs on my head. GOD knows when I am at peace and when I am troubled. HE sent HIS COMFORTER to dwell inside me and to take me on the journey of life.

When I need support, GOD is only a cry away!

  • Are you in need?
  • Do you feel your feet slipping into something that may take you away from GOD?
  • Can you cry out to HIM and let HIM support you?


No comments:

Post a Comment