Monday, July 27, 2015

Human Help

Psalm 108: 12 Give us aid against the enemy,
    for human help is worthless.
13 With God we will gain the victory,
    and he will trample down our enemies.

============

Baffled and perplexed, I asked “what would you like me to do?” My willingness was there but this was my first time working with this group. The owner was a friend of the family so his tolerance level of me was extremely high and gracious. As his son toiled, carrying up huge troughs, I struggled to carry my own weight. I made mistake after mistake. Quite honestly I didn’t provide much help that entire day.

  • Sometimes my help is worthless.
  • Sometimes my addition may be a subtraction.
  • Sometimes my input is a detriment.


Fortunately for me, the owner had a vested interest in growing me. While I was not very helpful to his business that day, he received rewards for his actions because he invested his time, talents and treasure in me. He was led by GOD.

  • GOD has a way of guiding me through HIS servants.
  • GOD has a way of growing me through HIS people.
  • GOD has a way of gaining my trust though those HE chose to put around me.


Sometimes my help isn’t help at all, BUT GOD has a way of using my mistakes for good. GOD has blessed the business owner with extreme faith and he imparted some of that faith to me. Now I must do the same, sowing seeds of faith rather than crops of death. GOD has the victory!

  • Are you feeling worthless?
  • Do you feel like you are making mistake after mistake?
  • Can you see that GOD is the victor and HE loves you?
  • Will you allow HIM to leverage your situation as a blessing, not a curse?
  • Do you realize, it’s not the situation that you are in, but how you allow GOD to drive the path?


No comments:

Post a Comment