Monday, July 13, 2015

Makes Me Wanna Shout

Psalm 98:Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth,
    burst into jubilant song with music;
make music to the Lord with the harp,
    with the harp and the sound of singing,
with trumpets and the blast of the ram’s horn—
    shout for joy before the Lord, the King.

============

“There she goes again” I thought in my mind. “Now the guy will get up in Five, Four, Three, Two, oops my count was off this day, he got up early.” The same people would get up and dance at the end of the sermon like clockwork. What do they have to shout and dance about?

  • When I’m mad I can’t see why others are happy.
  • When I’m sad I can’t see why others aren’t crying.
  • When I’m bad I think I must shrink back instead of standing up.


Not having gone through much, I questioned why some people would get up and shake wildly in church, screaming, dancing and crying. Then life hit me a little, then some more, then a little harder. One early trial that I went through, I cannot even remember thanking GOD or anyone else.

  • GOD wants me to thank HIM daily.
  • GOD wants me to be excited about having a relationship with HIM no matter what’s going on.
  • GOD wants me to “want” to shout to HIM rather than doing it out of obligation.


GOD is jealous not arrogant. HE does not need my praise but gets excited when I do. GOD loves me unconditionally and HE knows I won’t choose HIM. HE made me with free will, no obligation. HE gets so excited when I turn to HIM, even in the slightest fashion. HE is not needy and HIS kindness should never be mistake for weakness.

GOD deserves my praise because HE loves me!

  • Are you falling for your lying “feelings?”
  • Do you think GOD has it out for you or is angry at you?
  • Will you drop the lie and start believing that GOD loves you wildly and passionately?
  • Will you gain the strength HE is trying to give you by turning off your negative thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment