Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Never Forgotten


Psalm 105: 42 For he remembered his holy promise
    given to his servant Abraham.
43 He brought out his people with rejoicing,
    his chosen ones with shouts of joy;
44 he gave them the lands of the nations,
    and they fell heir to what others had toiled for—
45 that they might keep his precepts
    and observe his laws.
Praise the Lord.

============

Crisp presentation, well thought out numbers and counter measures to thwart any attack made me feel confident that I could face the crowd. After the presentation I got feedback that I had “hit a homerun.” After doing this a while I thought to myself, “What would this company do without me?” I mean, it probably would fail. The company had its fortieth anniversary and I was in my late thirties believing they could never do without me.

  • Sometimes I think I did something to get myself to where I got.
  • Sometimes I think my abilities are what elevates me or tears me down.
  • Sometimes I think I cannot be replaced and my expertise is necessary for success.


It’s amazing how little I recognize GOD’s hand in things. If something great happens, then it was my abilities and knowledge that got me there. If something bad happens then I question GOD and HIS poor decision making.  GOD wants me to think differently.

  • GOD wants me to remember HE keeps all of HIS promises which include my life.
  • GOD wants me to look back at what HE has done in my life and others and rejoice.
  • GOD wants me to keep HIS precepts and observe HIS laws because of these great memories.


GOD wants me to “remember.” Each time I have a meal I can remember what HIS SON did for me, and I get hungry a lot! I can go to church and take communion which is more ceremonial and formal, remembering what GOD has done for others and what HE is doing for me. GOD raises me to places where others have toiled and made me heir. I praise the LORD!

  • Are you tired of where you are?
  • Do you think GOD is foolish?
  • Can you let go of the shore and flow down the river HE has for you?
  • Will you remember what HE has done for you and others and give HIM even the tiniest praise today?


No comments:

Post a Comment