Thursday, July 23, 2015

Playing See-Saw is Dangerous

Psalm 106:He rebuked the Red Sea, and it dried up;
    he led them through the depths as through a desert.
10 He saved them from the hand of the foe;
    from the hand of the enemy he redeemed them.
11 The waters covered their adversaries;
    not one of them survived.
12 Then they believed his promises
    and sang his praise.
13 But they soon forgot what he had done
    and did not wait for his plan to unfold.
14 In the desert they gave in to their craving;
    in the wilderness they put God to the test.

============

“Please, please, please let me pass this test” was my cry. When I got my results back, not only had I passed, I got a very high grade! I rejoiced and ran around like a crazy person! The very next semester I returned back to my habits of playing cards all night with the other people who should have been studying! I wound up on probation again.

  • Sometimes I cry out only when I’m in danger.
  • Sometimes I scream for help when I face problems.
  • Sometimes I state my situation when things aren’t going so well.


Out of danger, out of mind was how I treated GOD. I mean HE’s there when I need HIM and when things are going well, I don’t need HIM as much, right? Wrong!

  • I need GOD more when things are “going well” because that’s when I am tempted to follow my own ways.
  • I need GOD more after the trial than during because I will be tempted to relax and possibly run away from HIM.
  • I need GOD more during prosperous times because it is harder for the rich to enter the kingdom of heaven than a camel going through the eye of a needle.


Looking back I can see times in which I let GOD slide out of my life, little by little, during prosperity. I wasn’t doing “huge” sins, but I wasn’t worshiping HIM or thanking HIM the way I do when I’m in a trial. In fact when the crowd of complainers gathered, I was in the middle, joining in on the rants. I thought sin could be measured so I stayed away from “big” sin and held onto, what I would call, “little” sins.

GOD doesn’t like a “see-saw” relationship with me. Up one day and down the next. GOD wants me to remain even keel with HIM and worship HIM daily in spite of what is going on. Problems or prosperity, GOD deserves my praise!

  • Are you wondering why your trial is so long?
  • Is there something that needs to change in your life that GOD is preparing you for?
  • Are you letting go of GOD during prosperous times and returning to your old ways?
  • Will you practice praising GOD today or will you die in the desert by GOD’s hand?


No comments:

Post a Comment