Thursday, July 2, 2015

Precious Time


Psalm 90: 11 If only we knew the power of your anger!
    Your wrath is as great as the fear that is your due.
12 Teach us to number our days,
    that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

============

“Take care of my buddy” were the words spoken of the spouse of a dying friend. Soon after I heard these words from one of GOD’s servants, “Live your life as if you only had two weeks to live” were the words I remember. I wondered how I should act if I only had two weeks left.

  • If I knew I were going to stand before GOD two weeks from now I would tell everyone I met about the grace GOD has given me through JESUS.
  • If I knew I were going to stand before GOD two weeks from now I would reconcile with people as best as “I” could and not worry that I met their reconciliation standards.
  • If I knew I were going to stand before GOD two weeks from now I would remember what HE has done for me and prepare myself for eternal praise.

It’s amazing how much time I spend on “me.” I mean I pray about me, worry about me and scream at GOD about me. It seems so fruitless. BUT GOD has given me yet another chance.

  • GOD says to me “I care about your day to day activities.”
  • GOD says to me “I made you for a special purpose that only you can fulfill so spend your days wisely.”
  • GOD says to me “I stand at the door and knock, if anyone will open the door, I will come in and sup with them.”

GOD wants me. The problem is sometimes, okay most times, I don’t want HIM. I take HIS love for “granted” and I think about me and the next situation. Fortunately GOD knew this and HE loves when I take a moment to turn around and thank HIM. HE even told a parable about ten blind people being healed and only one came back to thank HIM.

My days are numbered, contrary to what fitness and health advocates think. GOD knows exactly the day and hour of the end of my life. HE wants me to act as if it were tomorrow or two weeks from now. Money, time and arguments are not cares when I live life to its fullest and include GOD first.

  • Are you so focused on you that you are not living for GOD?
  • What is your last story of victory with GOD’s help?
  • Can you get up off the ground and stop spitting out poison and speak of GOD’s wonderful blessings?
  • Will you change your words of death into words of life?


No comments:

Post a Comment