Thursday, November 12, 2015

Ask for the Middle

Proverbs 30: “Two things I ask of you, Lord;
    do not refuse me before I die:
Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
    give me neither poverty nor riches,
    but give me only my daily bread.
Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
    and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’
Or I may become poor and steal,
    and so dishonor the name of my God.

============

On my way to “extended wealth” I decided to get into day trading. I took some cash and asked one of the wealthy people what stock should I purchase. They gave me their advice and I went off with my purchase. About a month or two later I received a note stating the stock I purchased was worthless and the company had gone out of business.

  • Sometimes I am not content with what I have.
  • Sometimes the money I have is never enough.
  • Sometimes I want more so I expand my thinking of what is poor and what is rich.


The wealthier I became the higher my thoughts were in terms of poverty. I mean my high school net worth could probably be measured in the cost of a sandwich and I thought I was rich. When I started working with very wealthy people, even my large bank account, insurance policies and stock made me feel as if I was destitute. What should I be thinking?

  • GOD wants me to be grateful for this day HE has made.
  • GOD wants me to be excited about where HE has me now.
  • GOD wants me to be full of praise no matter what someone says my wealth status is.


“Easy” is not a place GOD says I would ever be as long as I am alive. HE did promise that HE would provide and HE would never leave me nor forsake me. My dependence is solely on HIM.

  • Do you want wealth or a relationship with GOD?
  • Are you trying to serve money and GOD?
  • Will you stop talking about money for a moment and asses your relationship with where HE has you?
  • Are you loving people that way GOD wants you to or are you frowning because you want more? 


No comments:

Post a Comment