Friday, November 20, 2015

Band Together


Ecclesiastes 4: Two are better than one,
    because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
    But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

============

“Come on I’ll run with you” said a member on the track team to me. I was the slowest, most malnourished slug on the team. After running with him for a while I found myself picking up the pace. Weeks later, I could hang with the rest of the group, from behind of course!

  • There were times when I was trying to do things on my own.
  • There were times when I was discouraged only because I was alone and not accomplishing my goal.
  • There were times when I felt like giving up because I was alone.


Loneliness feels heavier when problems come along. I mean, I have faced times where I had no one to tell my problems to who would empathetically put their minds to the issue and determine a real solution. I heard terms like “Have you tried…” or “Why don’t you…” from people who have never faced the situation or who’s minds are not really interested in solving the issue. BUT GOD has a different strategy.

  • GOD saw my problem and decided to partner with me.
  • GOD saw my need and decided to pair up with me.
  • GOD saw my situation and decided to connect with me and supply much needed help.


GOD rescued me in my time of need. HE picked me up, dusted me off and told me I am special. HE had no blame in HIS words and even gave me HIS plan for me. HE wants nothing in return but for me to be joyous enough to tell others about the great news of JESUS. Two are better than one when the partnership is excited about success. I’m glad GOD is excited about me!

  • Are you alone?
  • Do you feel lonely?
  • Can you seek the help from those who want you to succeed and have your best interest in mind?
  • Will you seek GOD who always has your best interest in mind?


No comments:

Post a Comment