Monday, November 9, 2015

Heart Words are Louder


Proverbs 27: 19 As water reflects the face,
    so one’s life reflects the heart.

============

Tired of being looked over, I decided to do something about it. I had spent the past four years with no one noticing me but this time it would be different. Loaded with a foul mouth and quick quips, I unleashed a new person in college. With razor like precision, I could cut a person up in a moment. I had laughter, but still lacked the group of “friends” I desired. What was the problem?

  • My actions have told many stories.
  • My daily words speak from a deeper source.
  • My status in life reflects something my choices.


Being on the wrong path was actually fatal to my desire. I mean being labeled as the class clown did not generate the results I wanted. Friendship was my quest and I had to mature enough to “act friendly” to others before I could win their trust. I had to learn to replace my poison with honey and change my purpose from being “me” centered.

  • GOD wants me to focus my life towards sincerely bringing people to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to not be the center of attention rather focus people towards HIM.
  • GOD wants me to have HIS heart so others would be drawn to HIM rather than being drawn to the world in me.


I have heard many people say they wish to have a “legacy” and that is not a bad desire. I used to want my legacy to be one of fame and fortune, BUT GOD found me and my heart is different. I want to point as many people to HIM as possible. I now desire to leave a wake of GOD’s kingdom instead of being known. Fame is fleeting, BUT GOD remains forever.

  • What will people say about you at your funeral?
  • Have you touched lives or been selfish?
  • Will you examine your heart and begin focusing on what GOD will have you do?
  • Will you ask GOD to put you on HIS path?


No comments:

Post a Comment