Friday, November 13, 2015

Speak Up!

Proverbs 31: Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves,
    for the rights of all who are destitute.
Speak up and judge fairly;
    defend the rights of the poor and needy.

============

Nervous was only the beginning of what I felt when the company announced they would be making some cuts. I received a phone call from a friend stating “You’d better start calling people because the cuts are going to be deep.” I did not know that many people since I spent all of my days working. “What should I do” I thought to myself.

  • There were times where I wanted someone to watch over me.
  • There were times where I needed someone to intervene.
  • There were times where I desired to speak up for myself but could not.


I made one phone call and someone did speak on my behalf. This rising star spoke up for me and I am deeply indebted to him. It taught me a lesson.

  • GOD wants me to “speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves.”
  • GOD wants me to see dishonor and “speak up for the rights of those who are destitute.”
  • GOD wants me to “speak up and judge fairly; defending the rights of the poor and needy.”


It does not feel good to be in need. I actually did not know what questions to ask or what to say to pull myself up. I was lost and I could not speak for myself. BUT GOD placed the right people in my life to protect me during times of trouble. HE saw fit to provide many servants who would watch over me.

  • Are you speaking up for people?
  • Are you being a blessing or a curse to people?
  • Do you think GOD enjoys your actions towards people?
  • Will you seek out a person to speak up for today?


No comments:

Post a Comment