Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Wanting what They Have

Proverbs 23: Saying 15
17 Do not let your heart envy sinners,
    but always be zealous for the fear of the Lord.
18 There is surely a future hope for you,
    and your hope will not be cut off.

============

With a scowl, the partner closed his door on us. I always wanted to know what words were said behind those closed doors. I tried to get myself invited to the meeting and I made numerous attempts to get placed at the table to no avail. Why can’t I be like them? Maybe I have to frown more.

  • Sometimes I wanted what other people had.
  • Sometimes I desired to have what others seemed to get easily.
  • Sometimes I craved what someone was.


As I climbed the ladder of success, I noticed I had to take an oath of silence when it came to low moral events. To be “in” the club I had to witness drunkenness followed by who knows what, and not tell. My envy turned cold as GOD opened my eyes.

  • GOD says to me “Do not envy those who have gained wealth easily for you know not how they acquired it.”
  • GOD says to me “Stay faithful to ME in lean times and in plenty and I will keep your hope strong.”
  • GOD says to me “Better to fear ME and do what is right than to forget ME and lose your soul.”


Why gain the world and lose my soul? GOD says to me “I will supply all of your needs” and HE means that. HE provides for me daily and keeps my hope whole.

  • Are you jealous of someone?
  • Do you think “that” rich person is someone to envy?
  • Do you spend your time talking about others and not about yourself?
  • Will you focus on fearing GOD instead of talking about other people?


No comments:

Post a Comment