Tuesday, November 17, 2015

What is the Purpose?


Ecclesiastes 2: 24 A person can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in their own toil. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, 25 for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment?

============

One day I got home after working thirty six hours straight. Yes I stayed awake and worked straight. I finished the work with no commendation, no accolade and quite honestly no appreciation. We did not get the contract and all the work was done in vain.

  • Sometimes I think I can make this planet a utopia.
  • Sometimes I think I can affect my environment to make it a better place.
  • Sometimes I think I can work hard enough to make “it” happen, whatever “it” is.


I was very disappointed with that company so I moved on only to find the next company had its own issues. I finally stopped chasing the rainbow.

  • GOD told me to “Do your work as unto the LORD.”
  • GOD said to me “Your labor will not be in vain.”
  • GOD spoke to me and said “Take MY yoke upon you and learn of ME for my yoke is easy and MY burden is light.”


I stopped trying to please bosses and peers and people around me and started pleasing GOD when I did my work. When the boss ranted that “it” wasn’t don’t to his or her liking, I simply asked GOD “How should I handle this” and HE would provide me with a peaceful answer. Soon I found myself working with peace instead of strife. I had a smile on my face daily.

My work became excellent because I wanted to give GOD sacrificial work. I do not need accolades from humans, GOD’s rewards are plenty!

  • Are you working hard and getting no satisfaction?
  • Have you been passed over one too many times?
  • Will you work for GOD instead of working for humans?
  • Will you allow GOD to change their heart instead of you trying to?


No comments:

Post a Comment