Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Getting Away with It

Ecclesiastes 8: 12 Although a wicked person who commits a hundred crimes may live a long time, I know that it will go better with those who fear God, who are reverent before him. 13 Yet because the wicked do not fear God, it will not go well with them, and their days will not lengthen like a shadow.

============

Scared to even cuss, I tiptoed around doing “bad” stuff. I went to another school and met more people. They had some great ideas about doing stuff that seemed like “fun.”  Leaving the house without permission was my first test. I had never done that before and it felt great until I got home, late, to worried parents.

I then started trying other stuff. Lying felt pretty good and so did cursing. After a while I asked myself, why was I worried about being “bad?” This stuff did not feel “bad” and besides, I hadn’t killed anyone!

  • There were times when I tried sin and it never felt “bad.”
  • There were times when I dabbled in sin and the crowd was pleased with my actions.
  • There were times when I tested my “sin boundaries” to see what I could get away with.


Little did I know that I was headed in the wrong direction. I was chipping away at my character a little at a time. I did not know I would be out on my own someday with fractures in my character here and there. When I went to my next place in life I faced some difficult times that sin could not fix. What was I to do?

  • GOD said to me “Come unto ME all you who are heavy laden and I will give you rest.”
  • GOD said to me “Return back to me and I will wipe away your tears.”
  • GOD said to me “I sent you the COMFORTER who will be with you always.”


Forgiven was the feeling I missed when I was engulfed in sin. I could not do things right and it seemed like my road was getting harder and harder. BUT GOD rescued me and put me back on HIS path. HE said to me “I have a plan for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” I believed and HE blessed me thoroughly!

  • Do you feel you “got away with it?”
  • Are you on the wrong path?
  • Can you stop with your plans and start following GOD?
  • Will you start looking at GOD as the solution instead of thinking HE is the problem?


No comments:

Post a Comment