Friday, December 4, 2015

Keep Going!

Ecclesiastes 10: 10 If the ax is dull
    and its edge unsharpened,
more strength is needed,
    but skill will bring success.

============

Confusion filled my face as my boss tried to give me instructions on what to do. I did not know how to program and my first job was a programmer. I sat at my desk with a couple of books and read them cover to cover.

Meanwhile I could hear the murmurs of my boss feeling they had made a mistake hiring me. Eventually I learned what I was supposed to do and I gained confidence. Even later, I learned more and more and became one of the best in the department.

  • There have been many times when I was in over my head.
  • There have been many times when I did not know what to do.
  • There have been many times when I felt overwhelmed and simply lost.


Embarrassment was how I felt by not knowing what to do. I did not even consider they could fire me. I stayed up until two or three in the morning trying to make things work until I got it right.

  • GOD blessed me to be put in positions where people were patient with my folly.
  • GOD blessed me to have opportunities that I could not brag about “my” skills.
  • GOD blessed me to be protected from those who lost their patience with me so I could keep going.


Giving up would have been easy then. No one was willing to help me since I was supposed to be this great asset to the company yet I was a detriment at the time. BUT GOD had me “keep going” until I learned what HE wanted me to learn. With HIS intervention I grew up.

  • Are you facing something large?
  • Do you feel like giving up?
  • Can you stop looking at the big picture and look only at today’s accomplishments?
  • Will you ask GOD to give you the energy to keep going?


No comments:

Post a Comment