Monday, December 7, 2015

Life is Too Short

Ecclesiastes 11: You who are young, be happy while you are young,
    and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth.
Follow the ways of your heart
    and whatever your eyes see,
but know that for all these things
    God will bring you into judgment.

============

Miserable was probably the best word for how I felt. I sat there and thought to myself “Woe is me” for at that time it seemed like everything was going wrong. I was not doing well in school, I had no guidance and bills were not getting paid. Things looked pretty bleak.

  • There were times when I felt things looked pretty bad.
  • There were times when I felt miserable while it seemed like “everyone” else was happy.
  • There were times when I felt the situations were too difficult for me to handle.


Gloom and doom led me to think, “Maybe I should quit, do whatever sin feels right at the time and let things happen as they may.” I wonder where that thought came from. It seemed like a good excuse at the time to do what I wanted to do anyway. I mean I deserve it since things were going so bad, right? Wrong!

  • GOD wants me to praise HIM in good times and in bad to keep myself even keel.
  • GOD wants me to see life in a positive light rather than being miserable.
  • GOD wants me to see blessings instead of curses and then I can feel HIS awesome power.


It is quite amazing that GOD allows me to have a choice. I can choose to be miserable, in which HE cannot do marvelous works through me, or I can choose to be excited! I finally chose the latter and within a short time, everything I fretted over cleared up nicely.

I not only graduated but I had a new outlook on life that made me appreciate difficult times instead of dreading them. GOD blessed me with a new outlook that includes amazement of HIM.

  • Are you stuck?
  • Do you feel miserable and blaming someone else over your misery?
  • Do you realize that some of your misery may be coming from your heart?
  • Will you turn your heart over to GOD and allow HIM to add gratitude to it?
  • Will you stop focusing on “what isn’t” and get excited about life and focus on “what is?



No comments:

Post a Comment