Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Who Do I Trust?

Isaiah 2:Many peoples will come and say,
“Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
    to the temple of the God of Jacob.
He will teach us his ways,
    so that we may walk in his paths.”
The law will go out from Zion,
    the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
He will judge between the nations
    and will settle disputes for many peoples.
They will beat their swords into plowshares
    and their spears into pruning hooks.
Nation will not take up sword against nation,
    nor will they train for war anymore.

-------

22 Stop trusting in mere humans,
    who have but a breath in their nostrils.
    Why hold them in esteem?

============

“Get that ‘_____’ Bible off of your desk” were the words of the managing consultant. He went ballistic enough for me to immediately comply. No one that I knew complained, he thought it would make us lose the contract. “Get away from me with that ‘____’ ” were the words of a gang member as I tried to invite him to church. In fear of getting shot I complied.

  • Many times I have felt intimidated enough to hide my beliefs.
  • Many times I have hidden my beliefs in order to get ahead.
  • Many times I have gone with the crowd who could care less about GOD, in fear of being ostracized.


It seemed right to listen to self-made millionaires. I mean they have themselves together right? I soon found out that in many cases they suggested that I put this “GOD” thing on the backseat and learn how to “subordinate” to the people who had contacts. This was a crazy road that I actually considered. BUT GOD had a different thought in mind.

  • GOD wants me to fear HIM instead of bowing down to “connected” humans.
  • GOD wants me to elevate HIS position in order to fully respect HIS power.
  • GOD wants me to believe in HIS plan so I will be open to HIS masterful plan.


Fear of humans still occurs in me, but with GOD’s help I am less and less fearful of those who would harm me with physical, political or mental abuse. GOD wants me to turn my eyes from humans and turn to HIM.

  • Are you following someone?
  • Do you fear you will lose your position if you cross “that” person?
  • Will you stop fearing people and start fearing GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment