Jeremiah 22: 3 This is what the Lord says: Do what is just and right. Rescue from the hand of the oppressor the one who has been robbed. Do no wrong or violence to the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place.
4 For if you are careful to carry out these commands, then kings who sit on David’s throne will come through the gates of this palace, riding in chariots and on horses, accompanied by their officials and their people. 5 But if you do not obey these commands, declares the Lord, I swear by myself that this palace will become a ruin.’”
I sometimes wonder why problems occur. I mean can’t I simply have a peaceful existence? Can’t I hide in my house, not engaging anyone with problems and just live?
- GOD wants me to actively meet people so I can “Do what is just and right.”
- GOD wants me to meet other people so I can “Rescue from the hand of the oppressor the one who has been robbed.”
- GOD wants me to seek other people so I can “Do what is right in the LORD’s eyes” by not being violent to the foreigners, fatherless or widows.
Hiding in my house and waiting to die is a travesty. GOD has bestowed on me gifts and talents that are HIS. HE wants me to use them on other people so that HE can draw people, who have rejected HIM, back to HIS saving graces.
Each and every day, GOD places another opportunity in my face to share HIS love. HE gives me twenty four more hours to seek others around me and to actively engage in what matters to HIM. It is up to me to make the most out of each day.
- Are you actively seeking to grow GOD’s kingdom?
- Do you want all to be well in your life?
- Can you use the next twenty four hours a little more wisely?