Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Ask for the Good Way

Jeremiah 6: 16 This is what the Lord says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look;
    ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
    and you will find rest for your souls.
    But you said, ‘We will not walk in it.’

============

Hanging out at the club my “friends” and I were discussing body parts. As I laughed at one joke something came over me. “Why is that funny?” the voice said. I had started going back to church at the time and wanted to teach Sunday school. I was at a crossroads. Do I continue down a lust-filled path?

  • There are times when I am placed at the crossroads.
  • There are times when I have to make a choice.
  • There are times when I must choose my way or GOD’s way.


Sunday school seemed like the way to go, but it meant I would have to stop hanging with my “friends.” No more drunkenness, no more lust and no more foul language. “Man, this seems like I’m getting the short end on this one” I thought to myself.

  • GOD says to me “Ask for the ancient paths and you will not be disappointed.”
  • GOD says to me “Ask where the good way is and walk in it.”
  • GOD says to me “I desire to give you rest. Follow MY ways and you will have peace.”


When I reject the Sunday school route, it seemed like things fell apart. Trouble came from all sides and I had to turn to the only place I could, namely GOD. After getting back on HIS path, I noticed a whole new world of people I had never seen before. I could serve and have fun. My blindness was lifted and I could finally see GOD by the people HE delivered to me.

  • Are you fighting GOD?
  • Are your choices for you or for HIM?
  • Can you take a look at the crossroads you are at and choose HIM?



No comments:

Post a Comment