Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Being Taught by the Best

Jeremiah 16: 19 Lord, my strength and my fortress,
    my refuge in time of distress,
to you the nations will come
    from the ends of the earth and say,
“Our ancestors possessed nothing but false gods,
    worthless idols that did them no good.
20 Do people make their own gods?
    Yes, but they are not gods!”
21 “Therefore I will teach them—
    this time I will teach them
    my power and might.
Then they will know
    that my name is the Lord.

============

In all of my schooling, I ran into only a few people who taught me well. I mean they understood my learning style and catered towards it in a fashion where I comprehended the information thoroughly. I forgot more information from traditional methods and remembered more during experiential demonstrations.

  • I seem to learn best when I go through something.
  • I tend to learn my lesson when I experience the matter at hand.
  • I need to apply the lesson in order for me to remember the lesson.


Life has some extremely difficult lessons and some wonderful lessons. The lows and highs bring me to a greater understanding that I need something more than my own wits. I need an instructor who understands me and the way I learn, but who?

  • GOD says HE will be “My strength and my fortress.”
  • GOD says HE will be “My refuge in time of distress.”
  • GOD says HE will be “My teacher of HIS power and HIS might.”


Difficult times need a wonderful instructor. GOD has sustained me through many trials and has shown HIS might in time of distress. HIS strength is my fortress and I need not make my own god that cannot save me. GOD is the only one who holds my rescue, in HIM I place my thorough trust.

  • Are you getting a difficult life lesson?
  • Do you think you are at the end of your wits?
  • Can you allow GOD to show you HIS might?
  • Will you let HIM teach you HIS power and HIS might?


No comments:

Post a Comment