Monday, April 4, 2016

Deeper Relationship

Jeremiah 4:This is what the Lord says to the people of Judah and to Jerusalem:
“Break up your unplowed ground
    and do not sow among thorns.
Circumcise yourselves to the Lord,
    circumcise your hearts,
    you people of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem,
or my wrath will flare up and burn like fire
    because of the evil you have done—
    burn with no one to quench it.

============

After recovering from my immature tantrum, I asked GOD, “Why didn’t I get into the Junior Executive program during the first job I had out of college?” I went to church and the preacher mumbled stuff about being “sent” places. Sent? What about the places “I” want to go? I pouted.

  • GOD says to me “The heart is desperately wicked, who can know it”
  • GOD says to me “There is a way that seems right to a man.”
  • GOD says to me “Human righteousness is like a dung pile.”


After I settled down I said to GOD “I will stay here” although I despised the town I was in at the time. Months later I received a job back in my home town. I could see the fruit of GOD on so many levels. HE sent me to a tiny church in the middle of the city. Many people professed CHRIST as their LORD. I see now, that was the right path.

  • GOD wants me to “Circumcise my heart” by getting rid of the need to have “my” way.
  • GOD wants me to “Break up my unplowed fertile ground leaving the thorns alone” by seeking HIS plan for a change.
  • GOD wants me to understand that HE does have wrath but HIS love is far greater.


After growing up a bit, I realize that “my” life is not mine at all, it is GOD’s. HE can and should be able to do with my life, whatever pleases HIM. After a while, getting “my” way should line up with getting “GOD’s” way. When I seek the kingdom first, that’s exactly what GOD will give me, in abundance! My way may include fame and riches, GOD’s way will include more and more of HIS kingdom!

  • Have you turned away from GOD?
  • Do you think your plan is going to work without HIM?
  • Will you stop trying to do things on your own and seek GOD’s wisdom?



No comments:

Post a Comment