Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Fear Can Be Useful

Jeremiah 5: 21 Hear this, you foolish and senseless people,
    who have eyes but do not see,
    who have ears but do not hear:
22 Should you not fear me?” declares the Lord.
    “Should you not tremble in my presence?
I made the sand a boundary for the sea,
    an everlasting barrier it cannot cross.
The waves may roll, but they cannot prevail;
    they may roar, but they cannot cross it.

============

Watching a cartoon, I saw the main character trying to make a decision. When the character tried to do what is right, a cartoon caricature of a demon would pop on their shoulder and try to convince them otherwise. Then a cartoon caricature of an angel would pop on and try to convince them to do what is right. Life seems like that sometimes. Temptation looks wonderful and makes me think twice about doing what is right.

  • Sometimes I am tempted.
  • Sometimes I think of things that are not righteous.
  • Sometimes I see the wrong thing and desire it over the right things.


Boring was my classification of those who walked the straight and narrow. They always seemed to have frowns and looked miserable, meanwhile other people looked like they were having “fun.”  Isn’t life about ”fun?”  What about “my” fun?

  • GOD says to me “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.”
  • GOD says to me “Should you not fear ME?”
  • GOD says to me “Should you not tremble in MY presence?”


Fearing GOD means choosing HIS way over my way. It means serving instead of stealing. It means praying instead of prying. GOD wants me to bless others instead of begging for myself.

  • Are you engulfed in fear trying to save yourself?
  • Do you fear your job more than GOD?
  • Will you stop fearing earthly situations and place your fear in GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment