Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Flattering Words


Jeremiah 15: 19 Therefore this is what the Lord says:
“If you repent, I will restore you
    that you may serve me;
if you utter worthy, not worthless, words,
    you will be my spokesman.
Let this people turn to you,
    but you must not turn to them.
20 I will make you a wall to this people,
    a fortified wall of bronze;
they will fight against you
    but will not overcome you,
for I am with you
    to rescue and save you,”
declares the Lord.
21 “I will save you from the hands of the wicked
    and deliver you from the grasp of the cruel.”

============

“Suck up” were the words spoken in one of my leadership classes. I was outraged when I heard this and quite insulted that using empty flattery would work. They wanted me to cater to egos larger than the buildings they were in. I tried it and it worked. I was “In the club.”

  • There have been times where I have turned to the ways I did not want to turn to.
  • There have been situations that I have used a fake smile in order to get ahead.
  • There have been people I have catered to in order to gain their approval when I should have taken a firm stance against their ways.


Greedy, lustful, power-hungry egos require feeding and from what I gathered, I did not have to “become” that kind of person, just cater to it. What is the difference!? Each moment I spent with that crowd was a moment I could have spent with GOD.

  • GOD wants me to repent so HE can restore men.
  • GOD wants me to utter “worthy” words which means I have to talk about HIS wrath as well as HIS love.
  • GOD wants me to stand firm on HIS ways even when it means I will not be as successful from a worldly point of view.


I sat in the car longer one day. I absolutely could not “leave myself” in the car and pretend to like, agree or cater to this group any longer. GOD was stirring my heart to listen to HIM more than reading between the lines of those who could care less about HIM. I had to seek GOD instead of seeking a title. HE humbled me and I appreciate HIS ways.

  • Are you running after a group who could care less about GOD?
  • Do you spend an enormous amount of time doing something that would not please GOD?
  • Have you considered asking GOD “What would YOU like me to do” rather than asking HIM for help on what you “want” to do?
  • Will you read about HIS ways and place HIS words on your lips?


No comments:

Post a Comment