Thursday, April 28, 2016

Help the Oppressed or Else

Jeremiah 21: 12 This is what the Lord says to you, house of David:
“‘Administer justice every morning;
    rescue from the hand of the oppressor
    the one who has been robbed,
or my wrath will break out and burn like fire
    because of the evil you have done—
    burn with no one to quench it.

============

One person in need called me and I had to “evaluate” the validity of their need. I mean, did they think of “this” or “that?” I kept my money. I went to a convenience store and on my way in a person asked me for money because their car “broke down a couple of blocks away.” I said, let’s go see the car, they walked away. I kept my money. I went downtown and a myriad of people were asking for money on one street. I changed my route and kept “my” money.

  • When the oppressed approached me, somehow I found a way to keep “my” money.
  • When those in need were sent to me, somehow I found a way not to help them.
  • When poor people were placed in my path, somehow I found a way to change my path.


Being rich meant I had to make the hard calls. I mean I had to pay for some expensive stuff right? Well sort of. Blindness to the poor is what got entire nations in trouble. It is easy to place blinders on, missing out on many opportunities to serve those around me. My justification for not going to serve was true in my mind. I was too busy at work, making money, so I could not give. I was too deep in debt, spending money, so I could not give. “That” person isn’t doing XYZ, so I cannot give, keeping money.

  • GOD says to me “Administer justice every morning” meaning HE will give me an opportunity to serve someone each and every day.
  • GOD says to me “Rescue from the hand of the oppressor” showing people the way back to HIM.
  • GOD says to me “Rescue the one who has been robbed” blessing them with safe haven.


Now when GOD places a person in front of me I try my best. I see their oppression and I feel for them, because I too have been oppressed. I may not always have the money, but I always have GOD to give a person in abundance. The Good Samaritan helped when no one else would, but sometimes I don’t even have the money to carry out this wonderful example. GOD wants me to plea on other’s behalf in that instance.

GOD wants me to “seek the lost” because they run and hide when trouble hits. I know, I felt like hiding many times. Blessings only come from GOD. I should never squander what has been bestowed on me.

  • Are you avoiding serving people?
  • Are you too busy to help someone?
  • Can you take a moment to ask GOD who he want you to serve today?
  • Will you stop avoiding people and seek them out in order to bring them closer to GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment