Friday, April 15, 2016

Priority of Urgency

Jeremiah 13: 15 Hear and pay attention,
    do not be arrogant,
    for the Lord has spoken.
16 Give glory to the Lord your God
    before he brings the darkness,
before your feet stumble
    on the darkening hills.
You hope for light,
    but he will turn it to utter darkness
    and change it to deep gloom.

============

Filled with fear, my mind went into action. “Run for the bus” was the only thought that came into my mind that I could really act on. The unsavory crowd may or may not have been following me, but I did not want to take any chances because I had snuck out the house to visit someone who lived in a very bad neighborhood.

  • Fear makes me think urgently.
  • Fear makes me prioritize what is important.
  • Fear makes me focus on myself rather than on what is important.


Being totally in the wrong, how was I going to ask GOD for help? I mean I wasn’t supposed to be where I was and now I was in trouble. Fortunately GOD is not like humans. HE did not say to me, “See, that’s what you get for doing wrong!” rather HE opened HIS mighty arms and protected me all the way home.

  • GOD desires that I turn to HIM out of trust.
  • GOD wants me to look to HIM first before I make any decision.
  • GOD wishes that I give HIM glory before my feet stumble on the darkening hills.


Every decision I make should be placed before GOD. As I get older, I realize that I am not as “smart” or “wise” as I once thought of myself. My confidence in myself is low but my trust in GOD has grown. HE has brought me through many storms and HE is faithful to continue. GOD’s grace is truly sufficient.

  • Are you making decisions on your own?
  • Do you think your decisions are good?
  • Can you ask GOD what HE wants you to do or have?
  • Will you allow HIM to provide the right answers for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment