Thursday, May 5, 2016

Changing GOD’s Mind


Jeremiah 26: 12 Then Jeremiah said to all the officials and all the people: “The Lord sent me to prophesy against this house and this city all the things you have heard. 13 Now reform your ways and your actions and obey the Lord your God. Then the Lord will relent and not bring the disaster he has pronounced against you.

============

After slipping further and further away from following GOD’s ways I noticed I was in a place where nothing I did went right. I mean even the simplest task seem to go wrong. Once I was trying to put my last quarter in the dorm washer and I dropped it, watched it bounce and supernaturally roll across the floor and under an industrial dryer.

  • Many times I have tried to change GOD’s mind to do what I want HIM to do.
  • Many times I have tried to change GOD’s mind to get HIM to work in my favor.
  • Many times I have asked GOD to change the path that I put myself on.


The problem with following my own plan is when something goes wrong I have no one to turn to. I seek to pull myself up and find myself with worse problems than when I started. How can I get GOD to listen to me? I mean HE is supposed to give me stuff right?

  • GOD says to me “Reform your ways and I will not bring disaster on you.”
  • GOD says to me “Change your actions and I will not bring you down to total ruin.”
  • GOD says to me “Obey the LORD your GOD and I will relent and not bring the disaster I have pronounced against you.”


Wow! What a sobering thought. Isn’t GOD a chump? I thought HE was only love and would never harm a hair on my head? Well, sort of. HE does have a very special place for me in HIS heart and wants me to succeed. BUT GOD must have HIS ways followed. HE actually means when HE says “Do not put any other god before ME.” In fact HE was the only one who became a human and executed every law perfectly.

GOD is always willing to change HIS mind. HE does not want wrath to fall on me so HE opens HIS arms wide every day and allows me to return to HIM, no matter what I have done. HE is willing to show me grace when I truly confess to HIM I need it.

  • Are you trying to get your way?
  • Do you think you deserve better from GOD?
  • Can you see that every human, including yourself, deserves death?
  • Will you stop pouting about your circumstance and turn to GOD for all the answers?



No comments:

Post a Comment