Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Escaping Wrath


Jeremiah 25: 30 “Now prophesy all these words against them and say to them:
“‘The Lord will roar from on high;
    he will thunder from his holy dwelling
    and roar mightily against his land.
He will shout like those who tread the grapes,
    shout against all who live on the earth.
31 The tumult will resound to the ends of the earth,
    for the Lord will bring charges against the nations;
he will bring judgment on all mankind
    and put the wicked to the sword,’”
declares the Lord.

============

Standing outside I could see the clouds turn from dark black to pea soup green. The winds began to swirl and I could actually see a twister being formed. The alarms went off and we went into the house and hid in the basement.

  • GOD’s wrath is similar to the worst weather I have experienced.
  • GOD’s wrath is like a tornado.
  • GOD’s wrath is comparable to typhoons, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, tsunamis, monsoons, avalanches and volcano eruptions all rolled up into one event.


It is strange how humans limit GOD’s wrath only to the weather. Since my insurance policy covers “Act of GOD” claims, then why doesn’t it cover when GOD is upset with my sin and has said “Enough!”? As much as I like to present the soft forgiving side of GOD, HE does have wrath that I must recognize and respect.

There is absolutely no escaping HIS wrath when HE gets upset. While HE is “Slow to anger” it does not say HE is “Impossible to anger.” Turning away from GOD too long can lead to GOD showing HIS wrath here on earth. HE tells me to turn my face to HIM or I will experience a cup of HIS wrath, whether I try to pray it away or not.

  • GOD says to me “Accept my SON and MY eternal wrath will be turned away.”
  • GOD says to me “Sow MY kingdom and you will reap benefits, sow your own sin and you will reap MY wrath.”
  • GOD says to me “All have sinned and fall short of MY glory so choose this day who you will serve.”


GOD is not a pushover by any means. HIS wrath is not only on an earthly scale, HE holds the universe in HIS hand and will destroy it to eliminate sin. The only escape is to believe the HIS SON, JESUS volunteered to take the full wrath that was meant for me, onto HIMSELF. Since HIS SON had to be punished for me, GOD has zero tolerance for my lack of belief in HIM, yet HIS grace is poured out to me daily otherwise I would be destroyed. GOD is gracious in the midst of wrath.

  • Do you believe in GOD’s wrath?
  • Do you only attribute blessings to GOD and “bad” things to evil?
  • Can you see that everyone is evil and GOD demands cleansing only through HIS SON?
  • Will you give your life to GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment