Jeremiah 38: 20 “They will not hand you over,” Jeremiah replied. “Obey the Lord by doing what I tell you. Then it will go well with you, and your life will be spared.
“Five dollars!” I said to myself as I pulled my jeans from the dryer. I felt I found a nice windfall. I had no money and now I could get almost half a tank of gas. Okay that was a while ago. I went to a friend’s house a couple of blocks over and he said to me “I just lost my job.” He was not asking to borrow any money, just had to talk about it. Suddenly a voice from within said “Give him the five dollars.” “Aww man, do I have to?” was my thought.
- GOD speaks to me and sometimes I do not want to listen.
- GOD shows me exactly what I am supposed to do and sometimes I want to ignore it.
- GOD give me opportunities to gain HIS wonderful heavenly rewards and sometimes I want to pass.
Reluctantly I conceded to the battle from within. “Here man, I found this, you take it.” He pushed it back and I thought “Maybe I should keep the money!” The voice said “Give it to him.” “Okay” I said this time. I insisted that he take the windfall and walked back home. I’d like to say I found some cash on the way home or a miracle happened, but it didn’t. I got in my car and noticed I had a little more gas than I thought. Maybe a miracle did happen. I went on my merry way.
- GOD tells me to serve HIM daily and it is up to me to listen.
- GOD says “Feed MY sheep” daily and it is up to me to accept HIS path.
- GOD talks to me on a regular basis and it is up to me to listen to HIM so “All will go well.”
I have said this before, I hear GOD loud and clear when HE tells me something to do that goes against my selfishness AND furthers HIS kingdom. HE gives me opportunities to serve others when I don’t think I have anything to offer. HE blesses me over and over for being obedient.
Jeremiah was rescued from a muddy cistern. He was obedient, yet faced cruelty. GOD sent servants and he was rescued from the hole. GOD blesses me in ways I don’t understand. I only have to remain obedient to HIM and watch HIM bless me.
- Are you fighting GOD?
- Is HE telling you to do something that would further HIS kingdom and you are ignoring HIM?
- Will you give up the fight and allow HIM to bless you?
- Can you seek HIS purpose for you today?