Jeremiah 32: 37 I will surely gather them from all the lands where I banish them in my furious anger and great wrath; I will bring them back to this place and let them live in safety. 38 They will be my people, and I will be their God. 39 I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me and that all will then go well for them and for their children after them. 40 I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me. 41 I will rejoice in doing them good and will assuredly plant them in this land with all my heart and soul.
Too tired to pray I skipped it and said to myself, “GOD won’t mind.” I mean HE knows I’m tired. Hanging out with a crowd, saying and doing what they were, I said to myself “GOD won’t mind.” I mean, isn’t HE supposed to forgive me anyway? Skipping church for months, even years and then when I did go I decided not to give, I said to myself “GOD won’t mind.” I mean those religious people are hypocrites anyway and I don’t want to be a hypocrite.
- Many times I took my relationship with GOD as “granted.”
- Many times I thought GOD would never get angry with me.
- Many times I justified my sin by saying “the man upstairs is supposed to forgive me.”
Having the wrong view of GOD lead to calamity in my life. Instead of the freedom I anticipated, I wound up trapped in a cage full of sin with no way out. Broken relationships, broken accomplishments and broken bank made me realize that doing life on my own was incredibly sad and wrong. There had to be something more, something greater.
- GOD said to me “I will be your GOD and you MY people.”
- GOD said to me “I will gather you and give you singleness of heart and action so you will always fear ME and that all will go well with you and your children.”
- GOD said to me “I will make an everlasting covenant with you and never stop doing good to you.”
- GOD said to me “I will inspire you to fear ME, so you will never turn away from ME.”
A solid relationship is what GOD wants with me, but HE can’t have it when I turn my back on HIM and HIS ways. When I run away from HIM and sin like there is no tomorrow, I should expect consequences and hope they are repairable. My fear of GOD should keep me doing what HE wants me to do rather than fulfilling any temptation that pops into my head. I must think to myself “GOD will mind” in order to have a life where all is well.
- Are you living a lifestyle that is not pleasing to GOD?
- Have you said to yourself “GOD made me this way” instead of asking HIM how do YOU want me to live?
- Will you consider stop trying to please people and seeking to please GOD by serving others the way HE has gifted you?