Monday, May 9, 2016

Prophesy Correctly

Jeremiah 28: He said, “Amen! May the Lord do so! May the Lord fulfill the words you have prophesied by bringing the articles of the Lord’s house and all the exiles back to this place from Babylon. Nevertheless, listen to what I have to say in your hearing and in the hearing of all the people: From early times the prophets who preceded you and me have prophesied war, disaster and plague against many countries and great kingdoms. But the prophet who prophesies peace will be recognized as one truly sent by the Lord only if his prediction comes true.”

============

Fascinated by the thought of CHRIST’s return, I listened intently to the words of the preacher. He taught on the book of Revelation of JESUS CHRIST and I ate up every word. It spoke of a future with no worries, no problems, no fights and most of all no more anger from GOD. It intrigued me. Shortly after the weeks of sermons another “preacher” said the world would end that year. I guess the second was wrong.

By the way, the prophet in this passage of Jeremiah was a false prophet and was killed.

  • GOD does not take HIS word lightly.
  • GOD wants those who speak prophesy to speak only words given to them by GOD alone.
  • GOD wants prophets who are not scare to speak the truth about HIS SON.


No one knows the day or the hour so any prediction about when GOD is going to end the world as we know it will be false. Some have looked at old calendars and even made movies showing the apocalypse. This is what we can be sure about.

  • GOD loved me so much that HE died for me and everyone else who believes they need a savior to do the same for them.
  • GOD is building a new place apart from this earth that has not been cursed.
  • GOD is returning soon and while we do not know the year, month or day, we need to act in s sense of urgency.


Each day should be lived like HE is going to return that day. As I look up to the sky each night, I wonder “When?” I do not get an answer to that question, but I do hear “Feed MY sheep.” This means serve GOD and do not worry about tomorrow.

  • Has someone given you a false prophesy?
  • Are you busy listening to words about houses and cars and mates without truly listening to GOD?
  • Will you stop trying to hear what satisfies you and seek what GOD is really saying to mankind?


No comments:

Post a Comment