Ezekiel 4: 12 Eat the food as you would a loaf of barley bread; bake it in the sight of the people, using human excrement for fuel.” 13 The Lord said, “In this way the people of Israel will eat defiled food among the nations where I will drive them.”
14 Then I said, “Not so, Sovereign Lord! I have never defiled myself. From my youth until now I have never eaten anything found dead or torn by wild animals. No impure meat has ever entered my mouth.”
15 “Very well,” he said, “I will let you bake your bread over cow dung instead of human excrement.”
Hearing bad news is never fun. I mean it seems like I kept hearing things that were so draining, one after another. I had gotten to the point where I only wanted to hear good news so I stopped going to churches that told me I was doing “bad” stuff and only went to places that would motivate me. I mean who needs to hear about all that “sin” stuff anyway?
- Sometimes I do not want to hear the whole story of GOD.
- Sometimes I do not want to hear about the wrath filled GOD.
- Sometimes I do not want to hear about the consequences of “my” sins.
Can’t they just say “GOD forgives” and leave the sin part out? No! GOD spoke through Ezekiel the prophet to show just how far gone HIS people were. HE had them exiled and allowed seven generations to die off. GOD wants sin eradicated, but how can I do this with a built in sin nature?
- GOD says to me “I AM the way the truth and the life” meaning I have to turn to HIM for the answer to sin.
- GOD says to me “I stand at the door and knock if anyone opens it I will come in and sup” meaning HE pursues me, all I need to do is answer.
- GOD says to me “If anyone hears MY voice” meaning I have to listen for HIS voice.
Sin is definitely hated by GOD. HE cannot stand to be around it and HE is not to be ignored. HE DOES mind when I sin, but HE does forgive me for all my sins. HE wants me to know the extent of my need so I will go out and make disciples of HIS everlasting love.
- Are you pointing your fingers at other people?
- Do you think your sin is less than theirs?
- Will you look at your sin as extremely harmful to your relationship with GOD?
- Will you ask GOD for help since you do not have what it takes to stop sinning?
- Can you accept HIS grace today and allow HIM to raise you up to the height HE wants you?