Monday, June 27, 2016

Filled with Awe


Ezekiel 1: 26 Above the vault over their heads was what looked like a throne of lapis lazuli, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. 27 I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. 28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.

This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

============

Rumbles of the storm were now distant. The sun was out and I saw the most brilliant rainbow, then another. I figured I would visit it so I ran over to the next block, it moved. I ran further and the elusive rainbow stayed its distance.

  • When I was a child I did not understand what true power was.
  • When I was a child I did not understand the forces that were around me.
  • When I was a child I did not understand what it meant to just be in awe.


Instead of marveling at the wonder, I went to touch the rainbow. I don’t know if I wanted to grab it for bragging rights or if it were simply curiosity, but I wanted it. Now that I have grown up I admire the stormy gales and rushing winds. When it all clears I am in awe at GOD’s mighty power and serenity HE brings by placing a rainbow as a sign that HE would never again flood the earth to get rid of mankind.

  • GOD’s awesomeness is all around me every day.
  • GOD’s mighty power can be seen by me if I would only open my eyes daily.
  • GOD speaks to me daily through the wonders of nature if I would only stop and listen.


Busy days blind me to GOD’s awesomeness. Mad paced deadlines and due dates keep me from sitting and looking at what GOD made. BUT GOD is still awesome. HE is still there whenever I simply look up and see HIM. HE is to be awed, there is no one like HIM!

  • Have you taken a moment to stop and see GOD’s awesomeness?
  • When is the last time you gave GOD credit for what HE has done?
  • Can you stop for a moment today and look outside to see what GOD is doing all around you?
  • Will you be filled with the awe of the LORD?


No comments:

Post a Comment