Thursday, June 16, 2016

Heart of Revenge

Jeremiah 51: 10 “‘The Lord has vindicated us;
    come, let us tell in Zion
    what the Lord our God has done.’

============

Driving along the highway I noticed a person who decided to pay back a person who cut them off. They got in front of them and slammed on their brakes, causing the other person a huge scare. I thought to myself, “That seems like a good idea!” I mean I got tired of drivers who got in front of me, almost grazing my car, meanwhile the lane doesn’t go any faster.

I decided to try it on the next driver who cut me off. Minutes later it happened. I put my plan into action by sliding over to the lane they left. Suddenly I hit a huge pothole and bent one of my rims. Oh, now I know why the person darted in front of me. My vengeance cost me hundreds.

  • Sometimes I want to get that person back.
  • Sometimes I want “that” person to fail.
  • Sometimes I want to hear about the fall and see them tumble down the mountain.


Watching the speeder who passes me then gets pulled over by a cop feels great until I am the speeder who gets pulled over. The “Heart of Revenge” makes me look at others with judgement in mind. I hope for their demise never once thinking I may be the perpetrator. BUT GOD says something different.

  • GOD says to me “Vengeance is MINE says the LORD, I will repay” meaning I need to stay out of HIS way or I will feel the wrath too.
  • GOD says to me “I will take out MY vengeance on those who harm MY people” meaning HE does not need me to fight when HE has been angered.
  • GOD says to me “Bless those who persecute you. Don't curse them; pray that GOD will bless them” meaning let GOD handle the malefactor.


Having a “Heart of Revenge” makes me play the situation over in my mind, not letting go of its deadly poison. BUT GOD wants me to let go. HE wants me to see HIS protection and allow HIM to pour out HIS wrath or grace on the person. HE wants my heart to be filled with grace just like HIM. HE wants me to empty my vengeful heart and fill it with love.

  • Are you mad at someone?
  • Are you spitting poison as much as you can about other people?
  • Can you stop being angry and fill your heart with love?
  • Will you allow GOD to handle “that” person and also allow HIM to change your heart?


No comments:

Post a Comment