Tuesday, June 21, 2016

It is Allowed


Lamentations 2: 17 The Lord has done what he planned;
    he has fulfilled his word,
    which he decreed long ago.
He has overthrown you without pity,
    he has let the enemy gloat over you,
    he has exalted the horn of your foes.

============

“What next?” was my question as it seemed like one thing went wrong after another. It was one of those periods in my life when everything I tried to do “seemed” destined for failure. Pulling it together, I got up and went to work. With headphones on I said to myself, “This isn’t so bad” then I opened one of the stalls and someone had smeared poop everywhere. It took most of my shift to clean it up. I guess “this” was next.

  • There are times when it seems like everything that can go wrong will.
  • There are times when it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
  • There are times when it seems like burdens are piled higher than the blessings.


GOD’s people had stopped following HIM which aroused HIS anger. There was no trust, faith or hope in the living GOD, only lust, greed and selfishness. HE sent them into exile which seemed harsh but really was not. HE let them experience what it felt like to “be on their own” and the entire nation fell, same with me sometimes. GOD allows me to go through trials, some ordained to bring me back to my senses.

  • GOD will allow me to be cursed or blessed; it is up to me to choose daily.
  • GOD allows me to choose sin or HIS way; it is up to me to choose daily.
  • GOD will allow me to fall into the hands of my captors or rescue me on wings of angels; it is up to HIM to decide.


Supremacy is what the Devil fought against. “Why can’t I do what I want to do?” the Devil said as he thought he could be GOD. BUT GOD wasn’t having it. HE threw the Devil out of heaven to return no more. When I compare HIS sentence to the Devil and the teeny, tiny problems I have gone through, there is no comparison. I can see GOD’s rod on my rear sometimes but HIS discipline is short lived.

HE comforts me and leads me beside still waters. HE restores my soul. It is amazing how many people do not want to hear about the GOD filled with wrath. I see HIS wrath and recognize just how good I have it. HE could crush me but instead HE preserves me for another day. GOD blesses me in spite of me.

  • Are you going through a period where everything you do seems to fail?
  • Do you think GOD has it out for you?
  • Can you turn your eyes to GOD and acknowledge HIS supremacy?
  • Will you praise HIM no matter what you are going through?


No comments:

Post a Comment